Monday, April 13, 2009

Brazilian Girl --- She Surfs



Somehow I can't imagine packing a suitcase and heading for Brazil. However, our technorati entrepreneurial son is doing just that. He and his young family are planning a new life on the Brazilian island of Florianopolis. (Apparenly it is not only a great place to live but also a cool place to surf.)

It's funny, but I have this persisting notion. When I invest emotional energy and time in a place, it seems that eventually I am physically connected with that location. I have had this happen multiple times in my life.

Last summer I came across a Brasilian jazz pianist on YouTube and watched it over and over; I spent hours listening, dancing and painting to her music. Her name: Eliane Elias. I love jazz piano and love the way she plays it. So now, here is another unexplainable connection. The people I love most are going to be in Brazil.


No comments: